1. Glasgow is Scotland’s largest city with a population of around 600,000.
2. Glasgow’s underground railway system is the only one in Scotland, and the 3rd oldest in the world.
3. Glasgow is home to over 100 cultural and artistic organisations, including The Scottish Ballet, Opera and Symphony Orchestra.
4. In Gaelic, Glasgow means the “Dear Green Place”.
5. The Hunterian Museum houses the world's first-ever ultra sound machine.
6. The Tall Ship at Riverside Museum is one of only five Clyde built ships still afloat in the world today and she is the only one of her kind in the UK.
7. Glasgow City Chambers has a miniature version of New York’s Statue of Liberty.
8. Glasgow is one of Europe's top 20 financial centres and is home to many of Scotland's leading businesses.
9. The first international football game was held in Glasgow.
10. The Mitchell Library is Europe’s largest public reference library.