The Guardian University Guide 2016, published this week, ranks the University of Strathclyde in 33rd place, a climb of 5 places from last year.
The University also achieved impressive results in subject-specific rankings, with 12 subjects in the top 20:
4th for Accounting and finance
- 8th for Electronic & electrical engineering and Hospitality, event management and tourism
- 15th for Computer science & information systems and Psychology
- 16th for Economics
- 17th for Business, management & marketing and Chemistry
- 18th for Journalism, publishing & public relations and Pharmacy & pharmacology
- 19th for Politics
- 20th for Chemical engineering
The Guardian University Guide ranks institutions by key measures such as spending per student, student-staff ratios, graduate career prospects and student satisfaction.