To help you settle in quicker, we would like to share with you what will happen on your first day and week at the International Study Centre.
Your first day
10am, Monday 12 September. It’s vital that you arrive on time so that you don’t miss out on meeting your new classmates and enjoying all of the great activities that have been planned for you.
The International Study Centre.
What to bring with you:
- Evidence of your Secure English Language Test
- UKVI decision letter
- Sponsor letter (if you are being sponsored)
- If you are under the age of 18, a copy of your UK Guardian’s details
During your first week you will have a complete introduction to the UK, the university and the ISC. This is often called ‘induction’ or an ‘induction programme’. Throughout the week you'll also have the opportunity to get involved with a whole range of fun, planned activities for new students
On your first week you will:
- Meet Anna Fenge (the Head of Centre), ISC staff and your tutors
- Learn about the ISC programme and progression to the university
- Learn the rules and regulations of the ISC and the university
- Receive your Student Handbook
- Register with the university and receive a student ID and library card
Our friendly staff will help you with:
- Opening a bank account
- Obtaining your Biometric Residence Permit (Tier 4 students only)
- Registering with health services (and police if required)
First day nerves?
Many students feel a little nervous on the first day – don't worry, this is perfectly natural. Other students at the ISC will be feeling the same, so talking to them will help you feel more confident and you will soon make new friends. Our staff at the ISC will also be there to support you every step of the way.