University of Strathclyde's new one-year master's degree in Actuarial Science has been designed in collaboration with industry experts. Devised by the Strathclyde Business School and Faculty of Science, it is an ideal choice if you have an interest in the practical applications of mathematics and statistics.
The Actuarial Science MSc has been developed to produce graduates who can clearly demonstrate an understanding of the mathematical models used in actuarial calculations, their computer implementations, and the financial and economic contexts of these calculations.
Why study Actuarial Science MSc at Strathclyde?
- Accredited by the Institute and Faculty of Actuaries (IFoA).
- Accreditation by Subject Agreement for IFoA subjects CS1 and CB2– the chartered professional body for actuaries in the UK.
- Students gain industry experience by undertaking major projects directly with top industrial collaborators such as KPMG, Tesco Bank, Lloyds Bank and Prudential as a work placement or internship.
- Access to modern teaching equipment and computer laboratories with all necessary software available at the University.
- Plenty of career options within the financial sector, including risk management, financial analysis, portfolio management and research analysis.
Did you know…
In 2018, Actuary careers were rated as a top 10 career choice*, thanks to both global demand and graduate salaries starting at over £30,000†.
Find out how you can prepare for this degree with the Pre-Masters Programme in Engineering and Sciences.
*CareerCast's 10 best jobs of 2018
†XpertHR Salary Survey 2017