Life at Strathclyde
At the University of Strathclyde, students are encouraged to make the most of their life outside the classroom, both on campus and in the city of Glasgow.
Strathclyde is transforming the university campus with £1 billion investment to create a first-class working and learning environment for students and staff. The campus has everything you need for an unforgettable student experience. Facilities include a state-of-the-art library, a brand-new student union, restaurants and many student societies and clubs you can join.
University of Strathclyde Students’ Union
Getting involved in activities at the Students' Union is a great way to settle into university life and make new friends. You will also develop valuable organisational and interpersonal skills that you’ll use throughout your life.
The £60 million Learning and Teaching building creates a stunning new home for Strathclyde Students' Union at the centre of campus. Facilities include:
- An incredible games area, with 10 pool tables, three darts lanes and 10 x 86” TVs
- Over 200 clubs and societies
- Bar and bistro for refreshments, coffee shop with indoor and outdoor seating
- Multipurpose staging that will swing into action for live event
- Events space for over 250 people, creating an amazing backdrop for ceilidhs and get-togethers
The £31 million Strathclyde Sport building provides a range of sport and wellbeing facilities for students with over 50 sports clubs on campus. The Centre offers state-of-the art training facilities, including a 25-metre swimming pool, fitness suite with capacity for over 180 people, sports halls, squash courts, dance studio and treatment rooms.
Creating spectacular spaces for students
You will have access to modern IT facilities and services to support your studies. These include:
- More than 1350 PCs across campus, with 350 available for drop-in use
- More than 25 PC labs
- Free software downloads
- Dedicated IT helpdesk
- 24/7 IT support
- Free training from an expert IT training team
- Online Resource Centre for online tutorials
- Constant access to your information via the University of Strathclyde app.
Whether you’re studying alone or working in a group, the University’s Andersonian library has a wide variety of areas to suit you. You’ll have access to around one million print volumes, more than 400,000 electronic books and over 37,000 e-journals. Friendly staff are available to show you how to use the variety of resources on offer.
With Glasgow on your doorstep, you’ll have the opportunity to explore everything this exciting city has to offer. Find out more about Glasgow.
Glasgow has a lot of people, but compared to London you get more support. As a new person going to a new country, you need that support.
Paddy from Uganda
Studied Undergraduate Foundation Programme in Business and Social Studies
Progressed to BA (Hons) Accounting